Meet the Marriage Makers | Love By Design Weddings & Events
proudly part of 'The Recommended Collection'
Tell us a little about you and your lovely business!
- who are you/who’s in the team? I am Rachel, the founder and owner of Love By Design, a weddings and events styling company. On my team I have my husband Andy, who is the practical one and who climbs the ladders, and Hannah, who is my assistant stylist and has a great eye for detail! I also have Gina, who irons my chair drapes and sashes, which is a job I absolutely hate!
- where are you based/where do you cover? I am based in Highcliffe near Christchurch, and cover all of Dorset, the New Forest and parts of Hampshire.
- how long have you been trading? I launched Love By Design Weddings' website in January 2017 and went "live" in May 2017.
- what do you do/specialise in/offer? We bring dream weddings to life! We specialise in creating bespoke, beautiful weddings which are unique to every couple. We design all the details that will give any day the WOW factor and even make handmade wedding decorations for both our couples and our Etsy shop.
- any awards we should know about? I was a finalist in the Dorset Wedding Supplier Awards 2017 but have not entered any awards since, as I believe my reviews are far more important to couples when choosing a supplier. I am a recommended supplier to a number of fabulous venues in Dorset and Hampshire, which is an achievement and privilege in itself!!
What is your favourite thing about working with Brides and Grooms?
I love: being a part of such a happy occasion; hearing that I have taken all the stress away from couples by undertaking their styling; seeing couples on their wedding days smiling and relaxed; the friends I have made in the industry; the flexibility my job gives me to spend time with my family.
Are you spotting any trends for 2019/2020?
I'm noticing that more couples are opting to hire in nice chairs so they can have chair drapes or chair ruffle hoods rather than resorting to the traditional chair cover and sash. Copper decor continues to be popular, and rustic weddings are still my number one request!
What do you offer that others can’t? What makes you unique?
I offer handmade wedding decorations (which I also sell on Etsy) and a level of attention to detail that is second to none. I have spotted unironed chair hoods and sashes, unhemmed draping, and holes in chair covers - I have a team member dedicated to ironing, I sew all my drapes myself and leave no ragged edges, and if we spot a chair cover with a hole in it, it gets thrown onto the reject pile! My customer service is excellent; I have a background in management and customer service, so I know how important it is to be responsive and never keep anyone waiting longer than 2 days for a quote. And I offer different levels of service to suit every budget.
What five words would you use to describe your business?
Bespoke, creative, stylish, caring and friendly!
What top tips would you like to share with our lovely couples planning their big day?
Focus on the things that your guests will remember - the food, the atmosphere, the decor and the music, not forgetting the smiles on the bride and groom's faces!! They will not care one bit if you don't provide flip flops, sunglasses, favours, sweets, llamas, and a trip to the moon! Save your budget and pay for a professional photographer, florist and venue stylist - the flowers and styling will be in the majority of your photos, so getting these perfect will ensure the perfect details and backdrop for your shots! And remember - whatever happens, if at the end of the day you are married to the person you love, your day was a huge success!
Anything else you would like to tell us?
I am a recommended supplier to The Old Vicarage, The Green House Hotel, Nothe Fort, and Kingston Country Courtyard. I offer complimentary styling consultations at my home in Highcliffe and warmly invite you to follow me on instagram and facebook for some styling inspiration.